Sunday, February 27, 2011

Attack of the Yorkies.....

I told you a couple of posts ago about the Yorkies who reside up here with the dog eating pig. You may also recall that I have no basis for my theory about the dog eating pig. So from now on, we will just refer to the pig as the "pig". I've heard of pigs sueing people for less slander than that and I don't need to be tied up in a lawsuit. I do believe that would be one short court case. That pig stinks to high heaven and would only spend 10 seconds testifying before the judge or jury would say "Give that pig what it wants, just get it out of here". And, that would be that!

The three Yorkies, (not to be confused with the three blind mice or the three stooges) are thugs. I better be careful talking about the Yorkies, they seem pretty tight with the pig. But I don't think they can read so unless one of you tells them I'm fairly safe. I have six Dalmatians none of which are thugs, all of which are goobers. They learned about the Yorkies our first night here. Now each Yorkie weighs about 2 to 3lbs. Of course they are always attired in such cute little pastel sweaters. Anyway, that evening all three came up to my fence raising hell. Barking and yapping and carrying torches and signs that said "Dalmatians go home". I just made up that last part, they didn't have signs. Now, my dogs have all seen show rings and the various dogs that enter them. They all think anything smaller than a bulldog is fuzzy bait. For those of you uninitiated or smart enough to stay away from a show ring, "bait" is a goodie that you offer the dog for behaving itself and not eating or mounting the dog before or after itself. A lot of dogs see smaller dogs as bait. Not because it smells like a goodie, but it is the size and shape of a squirrel. We all know that squirrels are vicious killers and humans must be protected from them. Now when the Yorkies were attacking, my dogs were standing on the porch with their ears forward as if to say "What?, speak Dalmatian we can't understand you" and the rest were heading for the gate as if to say "Squirrels, lets get 'em". In short order, the Yorkies retreated. They got a good look at the ones at the gate and decided, goobers or not, they had big teeth. That was the last we had seen of the Yorkies. Of course they stand on their porch and taunt the Spots saying things like "big spotted wussies!" and other things they wouldn't say to their faces.


This morning was a gorgeous morning. It was a magical morning that had promises of spring. You could smell the fresh mountain air and hear the voices of nature, and the yapping of Yorkies. Sunny and I were sitting on the porch steps when we first heard this "yapyapyapyapyap" coming up the road. His ears went up, he stood up and looked down the road and gave me a look that said "Good Lord, here they come again". He was right. By this time they were about 50' away from the fence. Mira charged the fence. I told you how Mira doesn't like anyone or anything except her pack. This was her big opportunity to take out her aggression. I think I forgot to tell you that Mira is this small petite little girl, about 19.5 to 20.0 inches with a bark that is reminiscent of a large angry Rottweiler. The noise stopped the Yorkies in their tracks looking for this huge dog that was making the noise. They spotted Mira and thought, "pffftt, she's just a short little loudmouth we thought it was that big boy".  Of course they underestimated Mira. Big things come in small packages like diamonds, dynamite ad Mira. Siren and Riggins were at the fence as a cheering squad for Mira. Sunny had been put in his crate and Lotto was walking balk and forth barking for the hell of it. Last but not least is Sunfire who was barking and jumping because Mira was. Mira is kind of like Sunfire's mentor. The suspense was killing me. I was telling the Doos to be quiet and they were of course ignoring me. The Yorkies were sauntering closer and closer acting like they were sightseeing, looking all around. They got about two feet from the fence and Mira exploded. If you have ever seen Mira explode it is an awesome sight. Her back feet are giving her traction. Her front two are digging and clawing at the fence and she is literally snarling and drooling. Her voice and actions say very loudly "let me get a tooth on that cute little pastel sweater and I'll tear you limb from limb".  Kind of reminds me of a Tasmanian devil not spinning. The look on the Yorkies face's was priceless.. I didn't get to see it but for a moment because they had high tailed it (literally) up the road. If Dalmatians could high five and slap hands with each other, they would have been doing it. They were kind of gathered around Mira and saying "you the dog, Mouse". Mira of course likes to end a scene like that by turning around and kicking dirt after which she turned around and came to sit with me on the porch steps. She was smiling and very proud of herself. I put an arm around her and gave her a hug and said "Good girl foo-foo mouse". Something tells me it's gonna be a few days before we see the Yorkies

No comments:

Post a Comment