Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lotto meets the pig

Been pretty quiet here lately. No Yorkie attacks. Of course it's been raining for the past 3 days and a Yorkie could drown in a good size puddle and I hear they are not good swimmers. If you've ever seen a wet Yorkie they are actually kind of cute in a drowned rat sort of way. The thing that makes them cute is that little bit of hair on their head that their owners tie into a little pony tail. They usually looked embarrassed when you see them wet. Dalmatians (some of them) don't like to get their feet wet either. I have some that will splash in the biggest mud puddle they can find turning both themselves and any onlookers into muddy messes.Those same dogs, however look at me as if I had lost my mind when I suggest to them that they go outside to use the bathroom. I can hear their little brains working as if to say, "that's what floors are for". When you find a puddle or worse on the floor my first instinct is to say, usually loudly, "okay who did this". Of course all the Doos look at me to say, "not me" then they look at each other as if they are asking, "you know anything about this puddle" than back at me to say, "they don't know anything about it either." Sometimes I catch one of them giving me a look as if to say "how do we know you didn't do this and blame it on us!!!" I've got to tell ya'll that as I am typing away on this.I got up to get a refill of water and damned if I didn't just about step in a puddle. I thought I heard stifled Dalmatian laughter. Very funny.

 Before we get on to Lotto and the pig, We need to look a little further into this little dog top knot thingy. I trust that the Lord did a good job in designing things. As an engineer I can tell you that the human body is an huge miracle.  Nothing a human could have devised of would work as well. It would have broken down within a few months and of course the warranty would have run out the day before. But the fact is that we don't. It's called planned obsolescence, go look it up folks. God planned that we would find a way to kill ourselves and each other. He's right and as the nun's used to say, 'he's God". So I figure there was a good reason for that hair in the eyes on some dogs. People will say that "they can't see with all their hair in their eve's". Of course they can see, you don't see them running around and bumping into things, do you? If your toy dog is banging into things he has a bigger problem than hair in his eyes and you need to address it immediately and that doesn't include tying their hair up with a rubber band. So what is up with this tying and hair bow thing. That's probably why the Yorkie thugs are so mean, they have a sort of Napoleon complex.. Hmmmm might be worth looking into.

Okay, back to Lotto and the pig. I think I told you that since Sunny has taken to jumping the fence I have taken to walking him. This is good for me because of my healthy living kick. The other dogs who have free reign in the yard think he is getting a special treat and are jealous. Lotto is extremely PO'd because in her world,all the good things belong to her. Besides which I think Sunny has been bragging about his adventure with the pig. Now in general Lotto is a very good girl and won't wander off. So I thought I'd give her a break and let her go for a walk with Sunny and I. I totally forgot about  ODA (old dog attitude) because I'm getting senile in my old age. Anyway we head out the gate and down the road Lotto is starting to inch on ahead. After a few minutes she is trotting her merry way at least 50 ft ahead of us I call to her and you can tell she heard me, her ears twitched just a little, but she totally ignored me. Then I see her headed for the pig. Sunny's ears shot up because he still wanted to get a closer look at that smelly thing, but with me on the other end he couldn't. So there goes Lotto trotting towards the pig. Now, Lotto is different than any other dog. She has refined manners, unless you count that farting thing. She doesn't go screaming up there at 90 mph applying the brakes with an OMG look on her face like Sunny did. No, not Lotto. She daintily walks up to about 8 feet from the pig, and looks at it very nonchalantly but for a long period of time. The pig in turn is looking back at her trying to decide if she is as tasty as a  Yorkie. Now, they are not staring at each other, but just looking. If there was any communication going on it had to be telepathic. After doing this for awhile, and I have to admit that I was fascinated and watching the whole time. Lotto finally looked over to where we were on the other side of the creek, took one last look at the pig and turned around and started to walk to us. Now Lotto does not like water of any kind, so she walked back to where the bridge is and came on back and headed home. No excuses, no explanations, nothing, just started heading home. Of course Sunny wanted to catch up to her to glean any info he could. Once, back at the house she acted like nothing had happened and in reality, nothing did except a telepathic conversation between a huge smelly pig and a little spotted dog. I asked her if she met the pig and she wagged her tail and smiled thinking all the time to herself, "people are such idiots". So that was pretty much that except that when I walk Sunny and we see the pig, I always say, "hi pig" and I swear that thing is giving me the stink eye. I wish Lotto could speak, but then she may not tell anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment